Monday, April 1, 2013

easter dress

 photo faae9b74-dcd4-4bf1-9802-9378c47fbc82_zps174cbbe7.jpg
 photo 18f4fb3d-4419-4551-aadd-9950e60a314e_zps51a93185.jpg
When I got dressed on Sunday morning, I thought to myself "there is nothing about this that says Easter". But you know how it is when you really want to wear something, and don't have time to change even if you wanted to? 
 photo 3235346d-feea-4d73-8c7c-e0a2ef608eca_zps7bc5c19f.jpg
The lovely folks at eShakti sent this dress to me ages ago, and there was never a good time to wear it because I rarely dress up. My office is casual and my church is casual, so I knew Easter Sunday needed to be the occasion to wear it. Luckily it rained a lot, and I didn't feel so bad about not being in bright colors
 photo 2d11c0ff-0392-43a9-8a23-5784e8e0df65_zps63504ac1.jpg
 photo 58e2a852-15a9-4ae2-984f-84b4483c5ff7_zps16e542f1.jpg
How was your Easter? Did you go traditional with whites, brights and pastels? 

wearing: eShakti dress c/o, zara jacket (SPLURGESTEAL), MICHAEL KORS TORTOISE WATCH
worn to: church & brunch 

let's get social
INSTAGRAM.TWITTER.PINTEREST.FACEBOOK

15 comments:

  1. I love the dress! I went traditional with pastel pants and a white top but it was so last minute.


    xx
    josie
    www.straightnochase.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color block on the side mixed with the print, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress was perfect for Easter in my opinion. I didn't go pastel. I wore a black pencil skirt with a polka dot peplum top and a pair of sling backs. Done and out the door! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely dress. Love how you mixed it with the jacket, chic. Visit mine sometime... Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter...He has risen!! I went with with pastel. However, there were quite a few people in dark colors. Love the dress, a really nice gift from eShakti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good getup! Bummed I won't see you at FABB this week, but hopefully next time!

    xo Carlina
    AllergictoVanilla.com
    Win a free pair of AG jeans on the blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful dress and you managed to look so fresh and beautiful in the rain too! Also love your watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look: Love the details and color combination!
    that jacket is fab!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love your jacket. The leather sleeves are gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by my blog, but would you like to follow each other via bloglovin or facebook instead, since GFC is shutting down?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful jacket and dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg that egdy jacket I have one like it! Isnt it lovely with any outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a great Easter! your outfit is great I like the edginess of the utility jacket & the classiness of the dress, styling both together is lovely...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Leave me a note and I will stop by your blog and leave you one back!