Anyone ever been to Aruba? I just returned last week and hopefully you followed along on my IG stories! Have I really wanted to go to Jamaica, but in September I needed someplace in the Caribbean that was outside of the hurricane belt. And that is Aruba!
(Oranjestad, the colorful capitol)
It’s a desert island that was colonized by the Dutch so picture Arizona with European influences, palm trees and some of the most beautiful aqua blue water you’ll ever see!
It’s a tiny island and perfect for people on the east coast because it’s a quick, inexpensive flight and you don’t need more than a few days. With that said, let me sum it up for you in 5 bullets.
1) There’s no ride share so rent a car, preferably a Jeep so you can off road and go to the NATURAL POOL! The island is easy to navigate. We never really got lost.
2) I highly recommend the AIRBNB I stayed in! To date it’s probably my favorite. The backyard, and pool, and rooftop were beautiful! I mean look at this sunset...
(view from the roof!)
3) If your prefer a hotel go for the Renaissance! Even if you don’t want to stay at a hotel the whole time, I suggest 1 night here. If you google Aruba you’ll see a ton of images of flamingos on a beach. Well this is at Renaissance’s private island, and the only way to get there is if you’re a guest or if you’re lucky enough to get one of the limited $100 day passes for non guests. If you’re traveling with a group of 3+ it’s cheaper to book a room and split the cost of that! Plus the property is such a beautiful resort! Talk about feeling like you’re on vacation...
4) Shopping, shopping, shopping. If designer shopping is your thing, this is the place to do it! Prices are less than the States especially if you’re from a place with high taxes like I am. Hello 8.5%! I saved a few hundred on my new Gucci bag!
5) And last but not least, FOOD! Honestly wasn’t really impressed except for the RED FISH! Please go here and get the shrimp. For ambiance and a unique experience I suggest the FLYING FISHBONE for IN ocean dining! Yes, you can sit IN the ocean. And for drinks go to Rum Reef at Baby Beach!
(terrible picture, but these shrimp right here...)
WEARING: $19 ROMPER FROM AMAZON
What a wonderful vacation, and thanks for the beautiful pictures and detailed descriptions of everything.ReplyDelete
Beautiful sunset on a beautiful island.ReplyDelete
And I can’t imagine actually sitting in the ocean and dining—sounds like quite an experience.
Love the photography. The pic of you standing in the water is everything.
WOAH!!! Amazing is an understatement! Thank you very much sharing this.ReplyDelete
An awesome outfit can make you feel like a million bucks indeed and that's something to celebrate. Keep blogging!ReplyDelete
I love the fact that I’ve never seen something like that on you before!ReplyDelete
You look so glowing!ReplyDelete
A few days late but I also always enjoy checking out your blog! I love seeing images of your life and your travels. Keep it up :)ReplyDelete
An awesome read as always!ReplyDelete
wow- just wow!ReplyDelete
I love your blog so much!ReplyDelete
That’s sick, few comments only! This post deserves a thousand tweets and shares!ReplyDelete
Thanks a lot. This is such a wonderful sharing!ReplyDelete
One thing to say: PERFECT!ReplyDelete
Simplicity is beauty. Great post!ReplyDelete
beautiful landscapes, good post.ReplyDelete
Those flamingos are great, and so is the jeep! darmudasReplyDelete
Dubai Website Design is a leading web design company in Dubai that provides Graphic Design, Web Design, Website Development, property websites, Web HostingReplyDelete
SERVICES STAR BLACK CAR Book Now Call Now Discover Our Services STAR BLACK CAR EXECUTIVE SERVICE Your arrival in Boston is covered by us Book Logan Limo Service online easy through STAR BLACK CAR! We are offering the Exclusive Limo Car Service in Boston that can pick you up from Logan Airport to anywhere inReplyDelete