Monday, May 5, 2014

SEDONA: JUST DO IT

If you follow me on INSTAGRAM then you know I recently got back from a fabulous Arizona getaway! I've been to Scottsdale before, but this was my first time in Sedona, and holy smokes it is absolutely GORGEOUS
 photo neon_nikes4.jpg
 photo neon_nikes.jpg
 photo neonnikes10.jpg
(I've never been good with maps. Thank God for Siri. Ha!)
 photo sedonaredrocks2.jpg
On this particular day we were supposed to go the Grand Canyon, but the forecast called for snow and thunderstorms. Can you believe that? So we stayed put and I am so glad we did, because I can't imagine a day at the Grand Canyon would have been more beautiful than a day amongst the red rocks. 
 photo neonnikes4.jpg
(Don't let the sunshine on the rocks fool you. It was freezing)
 photo Sedona_VG31.jpg
(Chapel of the Holy Cross)
 photo neon_nikes2.jpg
 photo neon_nikes3.jpg
 photo sedonaredrocks.jpg
(An 80+ year old man lives in that big mansion all by himself)

I was not expecting temperatures in the 40's on a late April trip to Arizona, and I refused to bring a coat, so I just layered up and tried to be simply chic, simply comfortable, and simply warm. I think I nailed everything except the latter :(

WEARING: old navy striped tee, zara jacket, gap puff vest & jeans, circle scarf from tj maxx, neon nikes from DSW

**Simply Chic Travel Tip: Sedona**
Sedona is a pretty large city and it's divided into 3 very distinct areas; Uptown Sedona, West Sedona, and Oak Creek. Stay in West Sedona if you want to be close but not right in all the action. Uptown is nice with swank hotels and shops, but beware it's a bit touristy. Oak Creek is further out and I would probably not stay out there but you must take the drive up Hwy 179 (preferably in a Jeep...when in Rome, right) that leads to Oak Creek. It's breathtaking!

let's get social
 photo 6ee01289-6c46-40a4-913e-0ad85c8d4a20_zps3735f14e.jpg

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in Arizona. The red rock and the mansion take my breath away. After reading this post and looking at the picture I now sure will love to visit Arizona...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the exciting and amazing tour. I have to visit this place ASAP! The red rocks look like a castle...BEAUTIFUL! Those bright orange sneakers are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun! I've never been, but it looks awesome! Those kicks are sweet, lady, I may need to check out DSW's selection soon!

    xo Carlina
    Allergictovanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had so much fun on your trip and you looked great too. The outfit, shoes, ride, views all so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layering and that looks like a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband wants to retire to Arizona in the worse way...he'd love these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome image of the mansion and backdrop. Breathtaking view.

    I laughed aloud at pic of map vs Siri. Love the sense of humor.

    And those Nikes are gangsta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful view! And look at how cute you look! Not fair haha! Loving these orange Nikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! I've never been to Arizona before but it looks gorgeous! Great backdrop! Very cute look! Thanks for stopping by and checking me out!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous photos and lovin those bright shoes!!

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it looks beautiful! I want to visit a friend that lives out there too... i just might!

    Cute sneaks!

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your neon Nikes! Fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Leave me a note and I will stop by your blog and leave you one back!