Sunday, July 29, 2012

9 to 5


I've been MIA from the blog and FACEBOOK and TWITTER and PINTEREST because...I got a J-O-B!!! Bare with me as I try to juggle the new gig, the blog, my personal life and the capstone project for my degree...

There are many things I love about my industry, including that most corporate retail  offices are laid back in terms of dress code (and you are often surrounded by stylish women). I decided to go the extra mile and not wear jeans on the first day, but it's been sundresses, skirts and some sort of denim most other days...basically what you would catch me in on any other day. I've said many times if I have to dress up for work everyday, I'm doing something wrong :)

wearing: zara jacquard blazer (SIMILAR) & top, gap pants, sam edelmen sandals
worn to: my first day of work

There's still a few days left to enter the TACORI GIVEAWAY.Good luck to everyone!

25 comments:

  1. Loving the jacket. The detail is amazing and the shoes are fab!
    www.jadeblyssjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when our jobs allow us to create our own "uniforms!" Congratulation chica and you look great!

    Burgundywhispers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on landing a job. That's truly a blessing. I love your casual work attire. The print on your blazer has a vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! And lucky you on finding a job with such flexible dress code requirements, it's my dream to have that one day.:)
    I love your blazer, the detail is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new gig! And that blazer is too adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!! that's the best kind of office. someplace that inspires you to be stylish without stifling your creativity!!
    can't wait to see what other outfits you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very polished but relaxed office outfit, you look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job! I love this casual yet professional look on you! The texture of the blazer is super dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the detail on your blazer, so pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job! The 2nd most exciting thing about a new job is SHOPPING for it - lol.

    www.iamthatchica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats!love the textured blazer,you look so chic

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blazer is the business!! I love it!

    Congrats on your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yay!! Me too ;) Best of luck, and enjoy all the great opportunity to take more outfit photos...haha!

    x Carlina
    allergictovanilla.com
    Thanks for entering my J&J giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit!! Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your new job! i love your sandals. gorgeous - lola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LOOK you looks fantastic!

    Cymone
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on the job! great outfit for the first day! love the blazer.

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the job! Love the white blazer, you look as stylish as always

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the look.Sounds like you ate working for a fab company..congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect sophisticated look!!!love the jacket- Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That blazer is sooo cute !

    Cindi

    http://breakfastatcindis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Leave me a note and I will stop by your blog and leave you one back!