Sunday, March 21, 2010

spring has sprung

Photobucket
Although it looks and feels more like Fall, Spring has sprung and to celebrate the day I headed to brunch and the park. That look on my face is one of anticipation of the day ahead!
Photobucket
After brunch, but before the park, I stopped off to pose with some lovely street art.
Photobucket
It got kinda chilly at the park so I had to run back to the car for my Gap jacket.
Photobucket
I've had this jacket for probably 5 years and haven't worn it in 4. I really need to do some spring cleaning to ultimately purge, but to also see what other lovely treasures I find in my closet.
Photobucket
The weather brought out the kid in my b/f and he decided to climb trees.
Photobucket
I on the other hand decided to be the adult in the relationship and just sit, and take in the
beauty that surrounded us :) :)
Photobucket
Random, but anyone ever wonder where your Christmas trees go when the garbageman picks them up? Apparently to your local park! Ha! They smelled so good!

thrifted denim blouse and belt, gap trench, urban skirt, miss me wedges

17 comments:

  1. Love that shade of pink and cute belt =) Spring rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jubilant demeanor, as well as that hot pink jacket, attest to the fact that spring is in the air. Your b/f perched in the tree(which brought back memories of M.J.) also confirms that spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful! looks like it was a great day at the park.
    i walked so much that i got blisters, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loev that bright pink coat .. is it really from UO?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone! glad i rediscovered the trench :)

    hey damsels! the skirt is from UO. the coat is from gap...from many, many, many seasons ago!

    myrtle..."you don't climb trees?" hahaha. the best mj line ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is casual and sooo cute! I adore that coat...the color just pops!

    Can you believe the weather here?! 75 degrees on Saturday, crappy on Sunday and winter today??? Hope for a better week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bright pink jacket is the perfect pop of color! What a great piece of outerwear for the spring season!

    http://www.invasionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me @ a trip to the park.

    The picture of your bf climbing the tree perfectly described the feeling of Spring. I had some moments like his, last week in Minnesota. Definitely felt like a kid again.

    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey,
    You should totally think of posting some of the items you intend to purge on your blog to sell. I think people (I) would def be interested in buying some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that graffitied wall is a great background,i love it!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. nicole, that is an excellent idea!!!! i actually have a site (www.simplychicvintage.com) that i have yet to formally introduce. i need to do that sooner than later. maybe this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what a lovely post! your outfit is so “american-chic” – love the denim top, very on trend. you look splendid!

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. just went on and bought two things. thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is awesome, nicole! thanks a bunch. you will have your items in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the gap trench! Yep, I'm so glad that spring is here, I have so many nice dresses I want to wear. Weather has completely warmed up where I live but I know its only a matter of 4 weeks or so and here comes the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have the cutest outfits! I will be following from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You gad a beautiful casual chic style!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Leave me a note and I will stop by your blog and leave you one back!