Friday, August 21, 2009

styled out


american eagle plaid shirt, thrifted denim shirt, ??? white pants, 9west loafers

I am burnt out from my week of style out. For those of you who don't work in retail/merchandising, style out is the process buyers go through to determine what styles will be sold in stores, or in my case, sold in the catalog/ on the Web. You sit in a room full of merchandise for days, and analyze 5 million reports, and FIGHT for your product to be selected. It may not sound like it, but it is a grueling process, that can get very intense and ugly, but it's one of my fav parts of the job.

Style out is also the time, when a generally stylish group of buyers, are more focused on getting their product picked than what they wear to work ;) And let me tell you, this is as good as it got for me this week. Lol. Normally, this wouldn't have made the blog, but I figured why not? I think we all have those super casual days, where we just don't care!

Happy Friday! I am about to make myself a stiff drink.


3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Leave me a note and I will stop by your blog and leave you one back!